Friday, July 31, 2009

I AM TELUGU

BACKGROUND:
By now everyone should know how much i hate telugu music and movies. I’ve been very critical about them from my childhood, except that i express it openly now. For me Music and movies are not just for entertainment, i study them deeply, i want to contribute to them and i wanna make them better. In IT terms, me going to a movie is like going to a company to study their new exciting product, a new module of the software you’re working on, an upgraded version to the existing software, and you know you have to learn the software to have the edge in the industry.
Now, if its a mani ratnam, ram gopal varma, or any other prolific director’s movie, its like getting exclusive 2 hr access to google, IBM, Microsoft or any MNC to view their products. You are like a child in there trying to learn as much as you can. Naturally, when i see a product not worth my time, i go hard on it coz they had all available means to do the product but failed to produce high quality results.
I dont like to call it criticizing but i call it demanding a better quality product. If its from an amateur musician or film maker, then its a whole different case..you know they have a lot of limitations and hence however bad it is you encourage them to grow to perfection.

TEXT:
Off late i tried to reason with myself about criticism over anything telugu. The deepest, purest explanation i have to this is my unconditional love for my land and my people. I realised i’m the product of this great land, so when i’m looked upon as an outsider for my views, i take it as a good thing, coz this very land which gave you your sensibilities, gave me the gift of viewing it in an third person’s point of view, this very land blessed me with a thirst for quality products, this land gave me the power to view what people of this land can achieve, and this land gave me THE PRIDE to say that i don’t want to settle for anything less coz my people are better than this.

FINALE:
I love my land and i love my country, but that doesn’t mean i agree with whatever it gives out, i demand better sensibilities and tastes from my people coz our land deserves it.

No comments: